Securing a graduate job, work placements and internships are difficult. Make the first step by attending the Employers Fair.
UWE Bristol is holding the largest career fair in the South West. It is being held tomorrow (Wednesday 12 October) in the ECC from 11am until 3pm. Over 170 employers are attending, from a wide range of sectors.
What can you expect?
- Graduate employment information
- Undergraduate placements information
- Internship information
- Work experience opportunities
- International opportunities
It is a great way to explore the wide variety of organisations that recruit graduates and will enable you to get an idea of which direction you may go in when you finish University. You will also be able to speak to employers and ask any questions you may have, giving you a chance to build your confidence when it comes to networking.
This year, there is an app for you to view the full list of exhibitors, a map of the event and information about talks that are being held. Search ‘UWE Bristol Career Fair Plus’ in the App store to download it.
How to prepare:
- Do some research about the employers that interest you
- Update your CV and LinkedIn profile
- Make some bullet points about yourself to prepare an effective introduction
- Dress smartly
Expect to be among one of 4000 students attending, it really is one you should think about going to, no matter what year you are in. Make a good first impression and get your name out there.
By Hannah Williams