Make your mark in the competitive industry of fashion.
The Clothes Show Live returns to Birmingham’s NEC this December to celebrate being at the heart of British fashion and continuing to show support to the future of fashion with their Creative Awards Programme. Dedicated to nurturing and developing young talent in the creative arts, Clothes Show Live is launching Nica Design a Print Award.
Design a whimsical pattern inspired by nature, capturing the essence of spring/summer 2014 to be printed on a Nica canvas satchel. Check out Nica.co.uk/events for inspiration.
You’re never fully dressed without a satchel! The current trend of satchels is everywhere
From high street to the high end stores — it’s the new ‘it’ accessory to be seen with.
Clothes Show Live are looking for you to design a print that reflects nature and encapsulates current seasonal trends while retaining the essence of the Nica brand.
This is the perfect opportunity for entrants to unleash their imagination to its fullest potential and produce the most creative and innovative print design possible, and demonstrate their knowledge of the future trends and their understanding of how they can be tailored to meet the wants of consumer and retailer alike.
Entrants should submit their original design and describe in no more than 200 words the story behind their print.
– Please submit a hard copy of your print. This can be hand painted or by CAD
– The size must be no bigger than 20cmx 20cm
– It must be a repeating pattern
– Use no more than eight colours
– Up to two additional pages/boards containing sketches and pictures that influenced/contributed towards the final design (mood boards etc.)
– A description of how the brief influenced your design
– Chosen finalists will need to submit a layered illustrator(Ai) or Photoshop (PSD) work file (not a flattened JPG)
10 lucky designers will be chosen to have their submissions showcased in a live award ceremony. The winner will be presented with a manufactured version of their print design, on a Nica Satchel, and see retailed in the SS14 Nica collection.
The winner will receive the following:
– The winning bag to be modelled on the Clothes Show Live catwalk
– The winning bag to be retailed through Nica
– Nica Design a Print Award Trophy
– Free tickets to Clothes Show Live 2014
– Work experience with Nica
How to Enter
To enter go to http://www.nica.co.uk/events to register your application and see the full brief.
23 September 2013, so get designing and don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Good luck!